Monday, April 19, 2010

F-I-V-E today...

WHAT? REALLY?
This picture I took not three days ago, I swear!

Somewhere along the line Porter thought it was a good idea to keep having these birthdays, and Mark and I are NOT happy about it.

These are just some thoughts and memories I have today about
Porter that I never want to forget...

*Carrying you. I wonder how old I was when my dad stopped carrying me? I don't remember. But I do know it's happening with Porter. How can you hold your child for five years, and then one day say to him "you're too big" or "you're a big boy now" I did carry him the other day and realized this would probably be one of the last! Sad day.

*Learning the "s" sound, makes me happy, but not really because that means you're getting older. I now miss the lisp!

*Porter to his preschool teacher "Did you know that My mommy is almost pregnant"

*"Mommy you are always warm. When you kiss me it makes me feel warm."

*question about how I got pregnant-
Porter - "so, mom, I was put in your tummy just like this baby, when you were sleeping?"
Me- Yes sweetheart! (dreading the day....)

*My favorite is to go in his room when he is sleeping, sort of wake him up and tell him that I love him. For him to half way open his eyes, smile, and then close his eyes again. I hope that it's being stored away in his little brain for later, harder days!


Happy Birthday Mr. Dude!