Monday, August 30, 2010

School is Cool...

...For Porter!

He is a big kindergartner now. He loved it, every minute of it.


Love the thumbs up! (and the face!)

We were a little late getting to class today,
(I need to set my clocks ten minutes forward, so that I'm five minutes early to wherever I need to be! Why do three kids take so long to get out the door :))
And Ms. Nelson was already reading a story. Porter threw his backpack on the hook, took his coat off and RAN to the mat.
Which, obviously, I'm happy about but he wasn't even sad to see me go!
I may or may not have cried driving off!

Last night, after Mark gave Porter a father's blessing
(which Porter informed Mark when he was done "I almost fell asleep dad.")
I told Porter that he needed to make two new friends and come home to tell me about them. Porter looked at me and said "no mom, I'll make five new friends!"
Great buddy!
When I picked him up, I asked him who his friends were,
P- "well I only made three friends."
M- "That's great, what are their names?"
P- "Fritz, Marlin, and Skim"
M-"Can't wait to meet them!" :)