Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Birthday Boy!

Six years ago this morning, Porter Duff Maughan was born!
He made me a mother...
He came out screaming and really didn't stop until he was 6 weeks old.
Needless to say there were lots of days spent in my pajamas
bouncing on huge exercise balls, and lots of tears! :)
It all seems so weird now, because Porter is such a sweet calm loving little boy.
Glad he got it all out in the beginning!
(cute sign made by my MIL)

At 6:15 this morning I was awoken by the sound of wrapping paper!
Porter was sitting in the dark, opening presents all by himself.
(probably a camera happy mom's worst nightmare!)
Little stink...

He did wait to open his BYU football uniform.
We saw it the other week when we were down there, and he begged, begged, begged me for it!
He didn't know I actually got it for him that day.
The next morning he told me that he dreamt he had gotten the uniform for free!
(little did he know...)

He also got a bigGER boy bike.
He was in his uniform and riding his bike almost all day! = successful birthday

So you can tell he loves sports...hence his upcoming birthday party!
(just pray it doesn't rain!!!)

Happy Birthday big boy!
"I love you all the way to mars and around the moon times infinity"

4 comments:

Laura said...

Sweet post. What a big boy! Thats so funny he opened his presents by himself, although Im a camera-happy mom too, so I feel your pain! :)

Happy Birthday Porter!!

Elizabeth said...

I love his invitation, that's such a cute idea! ANd i love Porter more than I could ever explain in words. He's such a sweet little boy, i hope he had a great birthday yesterday! Tell him that we love him and miss him!!!!!

Heather said...

Oh my... the invite is too cute - almost as cute as porter - but not quite! Tell him Happy Birthday and we love him!!!!

Diane Riding said...

Happy, Happy Birthday, my big six year old Porter! He looks so very handsome in his BYU football uniform! Love his new bike too! So sad we weren't there to celebrate with him :(
LOVE THAT BOY!!!