Thursday, January 17, 2008

Christmas 2007!

So really I've been dreading this post, because it's just too much to tell! The short story is we went to Phoenix (loved every second of it...thanks Peter and Amanda) with Mark's family for a week. And then to San Diego for two weeks (also loved this time with my family, obviously). So yes three weeks away from home. It was good to get back (not to the snow, but to life). It's hard living out of a suitcase for so long. There are lots of pictures, so here goes...


BACHELOR Uncle Mike with Claire.
Porter as Joseph, reenacting the nativity. (He wasn't too happy about that band on his head..it took a number of flick threats, before he'd cooperate!) :)
Camryn (angel), Rachael (angel), Zack (one of the sheep), Shannon (Mary) and Porter (Joseph)
The Sunday before Christmas
Christmas Eve PJ's for all the grandkids. Top Emily, Claire, Julianne and Johnny. (all seven weeks apart!) Bottom: all TEN grandkids. (zack, shannon, emily, rachael, claire, porter, lauren, julianne, camryn and johnny) Thanks grandma and grandpa Maughan for the cute pj's!


The three dudes. (johnny, porter and zack)
Seven girly girls (shannon, rachael, emily, claire, julianne, lauren and camryn)
Grandma explaining the Christmas ball.
Dad helping Porter...I swear that he happened to unwrap every single piece of candy..as you can tell from his expression in the picture below...he's pretty excited about it. It didn't make the other cousins too happy though!

lining up Christmas morning
Porter's loot!
The little helicopter, and his cars pj's. Seriously everything was cars this year...that made Santa's job easy.
What he's asked for for the last five months! Dinoco Helicopter...thanks Santa! Porter with Shannon and Rachael in Shannon's top bunk! Thanks Shannon for letting Porter steal your bed for a whole week!
Zack, Grandma and Porter
Cute Johnny!

The Arizona Temple. The lights were almost as pretty as Temple Square!
Aunt Kristy making Claire Laugh.







Starts San Diego trip:
Both kids were sick right when we landed! So it made for a couple of hard nights, but this is my Mom's dad. Grandpa Patton!
Grace, Mom, Claire, Heather, Grandpa, Liz, Jennifer and Taylor! (We missed you something awful Jilly-bean!)
Caitlin made Olivia's hair crazy!
Grandpa Patton had a way of making Claire smile. It was probably his VERY loud booming voice.

Porter and Taylor waiting for the Carousel ride.
All alone like a big boy!

Porter, Bailey, Taylor, Olivia, Parker and Grace (in front)
Claire and Porter in the fire engine at UTC mall in San Diego.




YEAH we're done!!


Such a fun trip...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love all your great pictures. Thank you so much for coming down. I didn't realize the kids were so sick when you got to San Diego. That stinks. We are so excited to see you again in a month - I will bring the wizard if you didn't find it:)

Elizabeth said...

I can't even imagine how long that must have taken you! I love all the pictures though. They are so cute, that one of Claire and Grandpa is adorable! You need me to send me all the pictures you took! I loved having you here and i'm soooo flippin depressed that you are gone! I LOVE YOU!!

Julianne said...

Wow - so many pictures! Three weeks?? I can't believe it - what a nice LONG vacation!

Also, I was so glad to see pictures of Amber and Dave's little Julianne - My sister, Paige, is really close friends with Amber from their days in Boston -- she told me that Amber named their little girl Julianne, and since there aren't too many of "us" in the world, I was happy to see her cute picture... ya know, bonding via the blog. Glad you had a fun trip - and welcome back! Post more soon!

Nate and Nicole said...

What cute pictures! It was so fun to see you the other night :).

Steve and Amanda said...

So cute. I am needing to post a TON of pictures that I am way behind on. I am going home this week. I can't wait, I just decided a couple of days ago.

the murdocks said...

It looked like such a fun trip! Isn't it nice to be home though? :) Yea we are moving out this spring and our favorite place so far is a community in south jordan called Daybreak. We LOVE it...I think cause it reminds us of here. Anyway, nothing is for sure we are still looking and trying to figure out how to do this, but hopefully we end up there. We would love to see you guys after we move out!

the murdocks said...

P.s. Cooper has that same church outfit that Porter has on. Gotta love Costco.

Annie said...

I'm so glad you posted all your pics from Christmas! I'm still obsessed with Claire...she's so darling. I'm still planning on Friday, so hopefully you are too!

Bethany said...

Yay! We found each other's blogs. Now we can keep up with our families and such.

Love and miss you, too!

Anonymous said...

I just smile and feel sooo happy each time I go on your blog and see my sweet little Claire "D" and darling Porter "D" I miss you all soooo much, honey.........come home soon! x0x0x0

Taylor, Melanie and Grace said...

Hey you two..I love the pictures of your cute kids! Hope all is well.