Monday, February 25, 2008

Bahama Mama!!

Mark and I went to the Bahamas courtesy of WaMu! It was a much needed break from the little ones. It was so relaxing and good to get away from the snow! We played on the water slides, bought cheap souvenirs, ate good food, had fun at the dinner parties and even got gifts on our bed nightly from Washington Mutual. It was all wonderful!

Jonny and Suzette came with us which made the trip that much more fun.
Tough guys...
Literally the biggest fish we've ever seen!

On the sail boat about to snorkel in the middle of the ocean. The Atlantis hotel is in the background where we stayed.

All around the hotel were these huge tanks filled with fish, sharks and stingrays.
One night was a pirate party. Amazing decorations...no detail left out.
ARRRGGGHHHH MATEY!

And if your wondering who took care of our two kids while we relaxed...it would be my mother! Thank you so much mom for sacrificing so that we could relax. (I knew there was a reason we named Claire after you!! :) ha)


Thanks mom...we miss you already!


14 comments:

Suzette Baird said...

Holly cow...is that really over? I am so sad to be back to reality getting stuck in the drive-way with a couple feet of snow everyday. That trip was a lot of fun and so fun to be with you guys! I seriously love your mom so much, she is probably the nicest lady I have ever met. Well call me if you ever want to go spray tanning again cause that really worked out for me, ha ha! So ORANGE still!!!
Love ya!

Kathy said...

It looks like you had so much fun! I can see the pictures now. :)

Annie said...

What a fun trip!! I can't believe you stayed at the Atlanis courtesy of Mark's work...holla. I'm so jealous of your tan, you look so good!! Can't wait to hear more about it :)

Katie Hendrickson said...

No fair!! Were you guys the only ones sober? ha ha I wish I had your legs right now! Help me! Let's get together...now that you are back in reality. hee hee
xoxo, Katie

kms said...

How awesome! Seriously, I'm sooo happy you got to do that. How fun!

Lettie B. said...

Looks like you guys had a good time! :)

Julianne said...

Are you serious? The Bahamas in February? How fun! Looks like you had fun... and you look beautiful!

Laura said...

im jealious. bahamas, no kids and a free trip. sign me up at wamu!

Jill Burke said...

You guys looks so cute! Did that have anything to do with the mystic tan I made you get???? ;) loveya

Leah W said...

I LOVE THE ATLANTIS...it is like a little Oasis...not that you really need one in the Bahamas righ? But still I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you guys got to go away together without the kids...It is crucial huh? It doesn't hurt that it was Free too!! I MISS YOU MEGHAN...and come on you could not have just had a baby...you look amazing!!

mindy said...

Isn't that place so nice? Looks like you had fun!

The Harbertson Family said...

Uhhh...can I get a job with WaMu? That is so fun that you guys went to the Atlantis. Ryan and I got to go October before last. I LOVED that hotel! It's like you can spend your whole vacation there and not leave the hotel once. I'm jealous.

Peterson Clan said...

Ummm seriously Meg what great pics!! Looks like you guys had soo much fun!! I'm jealous!! And by the way you make a Hot Pirate!! WOo Hoo!! Love ya-Jenn

callie said...

good for you guys! steve and i are still dreaming of the day....

looks like a blast! though i'm a little jealous