Thursday, February 28, 2008

Fireman...

Last Saturday Porter and I went to a birthday party for a boy in our neighborhood who turned three! Happy Birthday Jonah! We went to the fire station and toured it, got to put on the fire suit, took a ride in the fire truck, and even got to spray the hose. Needless to say, Porter was in HEAVEN! It was such a fun experience, very up-close and personal. The fire fighters were all so nice. They said there isn't enough fire in Salt Lake, which is a good thing for the public, but not for them!

Porter, Dylan, Jonah, the birthday boy!
The fireman explaining to the boys how to work the oxygen mask.
They let me put on the fire suit, which was all pretty heavy (60lbs). Porter thought it was pretty cool.
Porter sitting in the drivers seat of the fire truck.
I think this was Porter's favorite part. The water shot pretty far and his face, as you can see from the bottom picture, is really enjoying it.

Nason, Porter, Dylan, Jonah and Noah. We had so much fun!!

8 comments:

Lettie B. said...

You are drowning in that fire suit!

Leslie Mingo said...

Thanks for the photos. We had such a fun time. We might just have to go again for play group. The fire fighters said they do tours all the time.

Annie said...

What a cute idea for a B-day party. Cute pics of Porter. Love you in the fire suit, it's a good look for you.

Julianne said...

Oh my goodness, what an adorable birthday party! I can't imagine how excited those little guys must have been. And you! You look pretty darn HOT in the suit!!

Katie said...

How fun. I think you must be the coolest Mom around for wearing a fire suit!

Porter is a doll.

Steve and Amanda said...

I am so jealous that you went to Atlantis!! What a fun place to relax, although there is so much to do maybe you didn't get much sleep!!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

When we went for playgroup when Lindsie was 3, she screamed when I put the fire suit on...I think she thought I was going into blaze battle. I love Porter! Let's chat more...
xoxo

callie said...

okay, your little face looks extra little (and pretty!) and that huge fire suit! what a good mama...fire trucks/suits/gear are so not my genre right now in life...