Saturday, April 19, 2008

Happy Happy Birthday Porter Dear...

My first child turns three today!! Happy birthday Porter! It seems like yesterday...so cliche but so true. We have been blessed to have him in our lives. He brings so much joy and energy.

He has given up the binky! (three at a time!) to the garbage man, transitioned into a big boy bed, and has mastered the toilet!! We can no longer call him a baby, which was probably long over due anyhow! He is smart, way smarter than I was at three years old! :) (huh mom?)

As his birthday has approached I'll say to him "Porter, please stop growing up...will you be two forever?" He'll sweetly say "but mommy I can't, my birthday at the Kangaroo Zoo, I'll be three, and then four and then five!" It brings tears to my eyes. I love him the most, and hope he always knows that!!

Porter was born at 11:56 a.m. after only four hours! (I can say "only" because I had an epidural!) He weighed 7 lbs. 14 oz. and was 20 inches long. This is him two days old and still in the hospital.

Porter turns ONE! He loved that cow cake...


The day Porter turned TWO, He got this bike from Grandma Diane and we're still trying to teach him how to pedal...someday!

Chuck E Cheese party, which he still remembers! He loved it.


Porter today and THREE years old!



We love you Scooter!!!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wish Porter a Happy Birthday from all of us here... Alexis, Kaden, Bailee, Tyler, and Brooke... what a little stud!

Heather said...

Happy Birthday little Porterhouse! We were going to get him a Wiggles present but three year olds are probably way over that by now! Those pictures of him are so cute! I love little Porter!

Diane Riding said...

Oh honey.........I'm sitting here crying thinking how fast he is growing up! Like dad used to say, he wished he could push on the tops of your heads and make you stop getting taller and growing up. Enjoy this special time you have with your two little ones......even when they spill salad dressing on themselves and you!!! They'll be gone in a "second" and oh how you'll wish you had that spilled salad dressing back again!! I love you honey........this was such a special blog! Happy 3rd Birthday, my Porter Duff Maughan!!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

I'm crying reading your Mom's comment...
He is the cutest and I'm not biased at all! Kimberly loves him and had so much fun on his special day. He still looks so much like his baby pics too!

Elizabeth said...

Happy birthday Porter!! we love you and hope you had a GREAT birthday!!

Jill Burke said...

Happy Birthday Porter!! I really can't believe he's threee either... they do grow way too fast! :(

The Harbertson Family said...

Meg, that's weird that you have a 3 year old! That's like a real kid! I don't know why, but 3 sounds way older than 2. Tell Porter that Ella wishes him a Happy 3rd birthday and she also wishes we lived closer so their mommies could plan a play date together!

Nate and Nicole said...

I can't believe you have a three year old! So crazy. He's darling.

Megan said...

Hi Meg. Tell Porter Happy Birthday for me. I can't believe he is already 3! He is so darling. I love his little grin.

Peterson Clan said...

How sad that I totally forgot it was his Birthday!! I'm soo sorry Porter I love you big boy!! Hope you had a wonderful birthday!! :)

mindy said...

Happy Birthday! I can't believe he is already 3. Amazing how time flies. He's absolutely adorable. Hope you guys had a great day.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Happy Birthday Porter! I can't believe you have a 3 year old, Meghan, I feel so behind! He is such a handsome little boy. Good job mommy.

Lettie B. said...

I swear I already left a comment and it disappeared. Anyway, Happy Birthday, Porter!
He is so cute, Meghan. We saw him with Mark the night before his party and he was so excited telling us about it. He was so big and smart. Very cute. Zeke had a lot fun at the party. Thanks for including him in the festivities.

Julianne said...

Happy Birthday, Porter!! (Meg, I never realized just how close in age our kids are... Anna turns three on May 20th, and Allie turned one in Feb)

Nate and Nicole said...

By the way, what kind of camera do you have? You take great pictures of your kids. I need a new one, mine has kind of wigged out (probably from overuse :)!!).

Kearl said...

Wow. Even in the newborn picture he looks the same. So cute. It's fun to think that our kids have known each other and played together since they were babies.