Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Happy 60th...

Birthday to my mom! What an awesome weekend we had. My dad surprised my mom for her 60th birthday and flew me and Jill into Orange County (by far the best of all the surprises! ha), where we drove up to LA and surprised my mom in the line to the Jay Leno show. I wish I had her initial reaction on camera, but you'll just have to trust me that she was very surprised! That night we went to a restaurant called Ketchup. Then Saturday we woke up and surprised my mom with a morning at the spa. It was relaxing and much needed. We shopped for a while until it was time to get ready for another fun restaurant, The Geisha House. Then we headed over to the theater for Wicked. We had awesome seats, and the play was even better the second time around! Thank you dad for the "all inclusive" trip! Me and my surprised mom!
At the Grove doing what we do best as sisters...SHOP!

Terry Bradshaw and Colbie Calliet were the guests of the show.

In front of yummy Ketchup! Well it wasn't the best food, but it was a fun experience.

I spared you the before pictures at Burke Williams, but as you can tell, we were pretty happy afterward!
Our hotel was BEAUTIFUL, and it was right across the street from Santa Monica Pier. (Nice work dad!)
Wicked was amazing.
My favorite cupcakes!
I want a red velvet right now!!!

Jill, Elizabeth, Me, Heather and Jennifer
We managed to hit up four different Pinkberry's in three days! My dad was the biggest fan of these, and of course, we were all happy he was.
I love you mom! Happy, Happy Birthday. (Let's not wait another 60 years to do this again!)

P.S. Thanks to all of our husbands who watched the kiddos while we played!

16 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

looks like you had a blast! you girls are so cute! 5 sisters, that is so fun! you girls are all so beautiful!

Suzette Baird said...

Meghan that looks like so much fun!!! you missed a good weekend too, it was freezing and raining in Utah. How fun for you 5 sisters to all get together, your dad is so sweet to do all that.

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

I LOVE your family. Your dad is one of the funniest and coolest dads in the whole world... I adore him. And, you guys are the 5 cutest sisters I have ever seen.

Elizabeth said...

that was so much fun, and i'm a little in depression with it being over right now! I loved having you here, and wish you could have stayed longer. You should probably move here just so that it will be easier when we get together again! good idea huh?

kiyo said...

so much fun to see pictures of your sisters after hearing you talk about them at book club. what a fun family! your dad must be pretty awesome to plan such a fabulous weekend for your mom.

Katie Hendrickson said...

How fun!! I'm so glad you put up all the pics...I love seeing you with your sista's! I love how your Dad is holding a purse in some of them too. :)

Lettie B. said...

What a very wonderful birthday surprise for all of you! I'll bet you guys always have lots of fun together. I know I had fun looking at all of you seeing how you are different and the same.

Mark and Meghan said...

katie...that's so funny that you say that...my mom's purse weighs almost more than she does!! (if you can believe it) and my sister has a bum knee and couldn't walk very fast, so my dad was helping both of them out!

Bethany said...

Awww... I love your family! It looks like you had a great time.

Also - I love that your dad is holding a purse in front of the Wicked poster. Such a man. ;)

Ann said...

What fun for you and your sisters! I forgot there were five of you. Are you all married? I would have loved to see your mom's face. I bet it was priceless. Surprises are the best. That is way cool of your dad to plan it. I always love trips with my sisters and mom. They are the best. Good dad, Mark, for watching the kids. Moms always need a little time away!

Emily said...

Oh my gosh! This post made me so envious! Yummy Food, the spa, Just the girls, Wicked and more. That must have been the greatest weekend ever! Plus you did it all in California. It sounds like it was absolutely FABULOUS!

the murdocks said...

I am incredibly jealous of your fun trip to oc! Holy cow you guys did so much. I am especially jealous of sprinkles...I am dying for a red velvet cupcake right now. I've never been to pinkberry I am dying to go. They were opening one at fashion island, but right after we moved, I was so bummed! You and your sisters are so so beautiful.

Unknown said...

too much fun! I'm so impressed. I'm waiting for Jim to plan a weekend like that for me any day now...

Mary Clifford said...

Meghan, you are sooo fun! I LOVE you and I love that you love your fam so much and have so much FUN together. Can I be adopted? I'm going to plan some girl trips with my daughters and you can be adopted too!!! Saw Mark at Smiths while you were gone-he was cheerful, but missing you!!! Love you!xoxoMary

Julianne said...

What a cute mommy you have!! What an unforgettable trip. Your dad is SO cute, too. I'm sure his idea of a gettaway weekend is not filled with spa treatments and shopping. Glad you had fun!

mindy said...

What a fun fun trip!! You guys really packed it in. BTW, did you know you can buy the mix for Sprinkles cupcakes at Williams Sonoma?