Friday, May 16, 2008

Happy Fifth...

ANNIVERSARY MARK! How is it that four years of high school seem like it's NEVER going to end, and college? I'd never graduate, but marriage seems to fly by. Probably because they've been the best five years of my life. Five years isn't that long, but in picture years it's an eternity...These pictures make us think we've been married fifty years! (No digital camera).




Five Fun memories of the last five years

1) Becoming parents. Porter Duff and Claire Diane two of the best things that have happened in the last five years.

2) Living in Chicago when we were first married. Mark worked and I stayed home in a studio apartment, with NO car, NO TV, and NO phone. So funny to think about now.

3) Going to Portugal last year to visit Mark's mission. I was seven months pregnant and not very mobile, so maybe we'll have to go back when I'm not in that condition! :)


4) Moving into our first house. We were truly on our own, no one to call if something broke, we were in charge of getting it fixed!

5) Hana Hawaii! (three times in the first three years of marriage) Truly Heaven on Earth!



A few pounds and a few kids later and I love Mark more than ever!

15 comments:

mindy said...

Happy Anniversary!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats you two!

Katie Hendrickson said...

You are the cutest couple...and you haven't changed a bit! Happy Anniversary~!!!!

Lettie B. said...

Congratulations & happy Anniversary.
You guys really do look exactly the same. I love you necklace in the second wedding pic (it looks like different necklaces in each - how many did you wear?!)
I never knew you lived in Chicago! I LOVE Chicago.
I'm glad you guys have settled here (for now) so that we could get to know you guys & your cute little family.

Suzette Baird said...

How fun! Looks like you two have had a great 5 years with two beautiful kids to show for it.
Congrats!!!

Elizabeth said...

those are really cute pictures! except for the group one at your wedding! no seriously though,you and mark look good but as far as everyone else? are you kidding?! loveyou!!

Mark and Meghan said...

lilly, blame jen for the bridesmaides outfits! i really had nothing to do with them, other than the fact i liked the color yellow! hahahah

Mark and Meghan said...

and collette the first picture was before we were married,my bridal pictures that were up at our wedding, so i had some extra time to find a better pearl necklace! :)

Alex said...

Fun! I loved reading that post. Congratulations on the anniversary.

Heather said...

Oh Meggy - those were the days - such cute pictures - did anyone ever tell you that you like brother and sister? Ha! Love you -Heather

Emily said...

You two look just the same, I remember your reception like it was yesterday!

Kate said...

Happy Anniversary... to a darling couple!

Brooke Wilkins said...

a few pounds? are you crazy you look soooo good!! I love your wedding pics! You haven't aged at all!

Julianne said...

Happy Anniversary! Steve and I hit five years this August - weird. We are getting OLD. I agree with the above comment - "a few extra pounds"??? FALSE STATEMENT. You're gorgeous.

Pyatt said...

Congratulations Meg!! Your wedding is special for me because it was that weekend I got set up with my hubby!! Thanks for getting married that weekend...your family is SO cute!!