Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bear is ONE!

One year down...seventeen to go until Claire Bear is out and on her own. And I'm already dreading it. She has brought so much joy into our family, there are no words to express it. I remember so clearly not wanting another child, not knowing I really could love her as much as I did Porter. How naive!

Some of our favorites about Claire:
-Screams a really loud scream for no reason and anywhere (more of a trademark than a favorite!)
-walks along all the furniture
-laughs with Porter, and just thinks he's the greatest
-loves her mommy (of course) but also LOVES her daddy (thank goodness for those little breaks!)
-loves to have her toes painted
-in general a very happy child

Claire's delivery wasn't bad...3.5 hours and only two pushes! THANKS CLAIRE.
still in the hospital
Our FIRST family photo
Claire's smiling
Claire was one of four cousins born on the Maughan side last summer.
Mommy and Claire
She loves the water
Daddy and Claire



We're so excited for another year of growing and getting to know you! Happy Birthday Love!


16 comments:

Annie said...

I can't believe she's one...craziness. It's almost time for another one, right? I miss you, we need to have another girl's night. You must try Five Guys burgers and let me know what you think.

Lettie B. said...

She's so cute, Meghan. Every time I see her I am so jealous of her hair! :)

Heather said...

Happy Birthday sweet Claire Diane! Didn't it go by fast? It's time for baby number three, I think! :0)

Elizabeth said...

she's sooo stinking cute! I love her hair and her little smile! I bet Porter is such a good big brother too! I miss you and hopefully will see you next weekend!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Happy Birthday Claire! You are a DOLL!

Amanda Maughan said...

Happy Birthday Claire! I can't believe it has been one year. One more to go and it is joint birthday parties for the rest of their lives:)

Jill Burke said...

The hair....the hair!!! I just love it. What a sweetie

Kearl said...

I can't believe how much Claire has not changed in a year. Some one year olds look nothing like their newborn pics. She looks the same, just a little older. Cutie pie.

Diane Riding said...

Happy, happy birthday to my beautiful little Claire Diane!!!! She is such a beauty, Meggie.......just like her mommy!! I can't wait to celebrate her birthday when we get there. I can't wait to grab her and Porter Duff and just hug and kiss them. I can't wait to grab my little Meggie Magaggie and hug and kiss her too..........along with that cute husband of yours!! Happy Birthday little Clairey........We all love you so much!! x0x0x0

Christina said...

You are a cute mommy! Your family is too cute! Xoxo Christina! Happy B-DAY!

Bethany said...

Happy Birthday, pretty little girl! I agree with everyone else's comments - love the hair and her sweet smile.

Christina said...

Hey Meg! Why wouldn't I remember you ALL! Your family has always been wonderful to me.. and how can you forget your Dad's recordings on the answering machine!! HAHAHAHA!
About that cellulite thing... I actually do remember that "episode". That's really funny! I think you look great and very happy! Do keep in touch and please say hi to your family! Give them my blog or my face book contact where I have TONS of pictures to browse through!
Xoxo Christina

Pyatt said...

Meg--she is so darn cute!! That first year does fly by!! Treasure the next 17...

The Harbertson Family said...

What?! She's 1? How did that happen? Geeze, that year went by fast! Well, it has to be said...that is one stinking cute little girl. Give her a big Happy Birthday Hug for me!

Laura said...

that last year flew by so quick! she is beautiful. yes, I got the present for linc. thanks so much for thinking of us. he is so big so quickly!! I cant believe it.

Anonymous said...

Congrats... they grow up so fast dont they?