Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Stitches at two!

Poor Claire fell
(don't ask me how, but Porter was gone, so he's not to blame!)

on the hard wood floor and split her chin open needing stitches!

On the way to the doctor.

In the waiting room
singing twinkle twinkle little star,
running in circles
asking for stickers
and probably bugging people!

waiting for the Dr.
You'd never know she was hurt,
until we had to pin all four limbs down!



her promised ice cream cone at DQ!



somewhere between the ice cream and chocolate
there are SIX stitches!

*(pictures courtesy Mark's cell phone!)



12 comments:

kiyo said...

Meghan!!!! How sad for little Claire! What hospital did you take her to?

Allison said...

SO sad! That breaks my heart! Sad little Bear!

Leslie Mingo said...

That sucks. I (knock on wood) haven't had to deal with the ER and stitches. Doesn't seem fun at all.

Heather said...

My cute little Claire Diane! how sad! Just let her keep eating ice cream cones and you'll never see the scar!:0)

Unknown said...

poor little Claire! I see a lot of Porter in her in that last pic - so cute. and p.s. you're such a cute stylin' mom there in the emergency room - as always!

Nate and Nicole said...

Poor Claire... though she doesn't look too bothered by the whole thing with her ice cream cone!

The blogging Bakers said...

Tanner was way bigger and older and it took 4 adults pinning him down to give him stitches meanwhile he was yelling at the top of his lungs to "back off" so I don't know if it ever gets easier the older they get, at least ice cream always helps them feel better.

Elizabeth said...

that is soo sad! I can't beleive that happened! Give her a big huge hug and kiss for me! I so wish her and porter and mark were coming with you on friday!! I love you guys!!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

Poor Claire!! No fun at all. I'm sure she took it like a champ though.
And the Hawaii pictures- WOW!! Looks like you guys had a blast!!

Katie Hendrickson said...

glad the ice cream made things all better! she is too grown up now!

Z said...

That post is actually really funny. Not because she is hurt of course but the way you put it together...I love the promised ice cream cone :) She is a trooper and I'm glad that she is okay!!!

Laura said...

Ice cream fixes everything. Poor girl!