Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Why I married Mark...

For this house in Hana, Maui!

Totally kidding, but it is a great perk!
Just spent last week with my sister and her husband here!
(no kids, thanks Paul and Susan!)

Hana Highway
30 miles
such a winding road that it takes two hours!
Walks down to the coconut grove
huge snails
big cows
horses
beautiful coastal walk
Sunday
the only day we did our hair!

Hamoa Beach
big waves
body surfing (Rob and Mark)
Boogie boarding
(I tried, mark will tell you differently, but I got pounded one two many times)

Bamboo Forest
(Twice because we left grandma's keys on a rock to get in the water! Luckily they were there when I got back!)
Beautiful Waterfall

Seven Pools
Jumping off a Rock
(that I stood on for about an hour the last time I was there and didn't jump)
Great Picnics
Wailua Falls
Snow cones
Walks to Wailua
Rice and Chili bowls
Wainapanapa
Mark jumped off the highest point (bunny ears)
Signing autographs and taking pictures, people thought he was pretty cool
One guy even took about fifteen pictures of Mark jumping
he said he'd send them to us, so we'll see if he does, and I'll post them when I get them.

Hana Hotel pool
Runs to Hasegawas
Venus Pool


Reading on the deck
Dinner on the deck
Red Sand beach (only one naked girl)
Playing Tennis
Hana Ranch Restaurant

Rested, Relaxed, Rejuvinated...but NOT ready to be back in the
bill paying, diaper changing, husband working
daily grind!

19 comments:

Elizabeth said...

boy am I glad you married mark too! I'm loving that house! I promise that's not the only reason i'm glad you married! I really love him and love you and I"m so sad that we aren't together in hawaii right now!! I can't wait to see you in a week! Loveyou meggy!

Allison said...

cute pictures meg! i thought you were joking about the autographs! that's so funny. I'm so jealous! looks like you had fun!

Pyatt said...

So fun and you guys are all so cute!! What a fun trip to take together!

Z said...

Looks like you had an absolutely amazing time. Loved the photos and isn't it so hard to come back to reality? It's always great to have a break from the kiddies and remember why you married your hubby! Glad you had a blast!!!

The blogging Bakers said...

I am so jealous, I have always wanted to go to Maui, I have only been to Oahu. Maybe next time. I love all the pictures, you guys did so many fun things, now back to reality:)

Lettie B. said...

So glad to see a post from you again. I won't eve start on how jealous I am. It looks so amazing and beautiful there!

Heather said...

Cute swimsuits, beautiful pictures, no kiddos, looks like the best trip E.VER!!!

Soo glad that you two twirps had fun!:0)

Julianne said...

are you kidding???? WOW. What a trip -- looks like you didn't miss a thing! Glad you had fun --

And I'm so glad I got to catch up with you in UT!

brooklyn Norton said...

this is why i'm friends with allison - so you're not the only one using people...BUT i'm yet to step foot in that house and i'm still friends with allison..!? how does that work? :)

Annie said...

I"m so jealous...it looks like you had an amazing time. It was so fun to see all your pics. I love your grey swimsuit!! Glad you made it back safely. Now when are we getting together?

Peterson Clan said...

Meg...Wow what great pictures!! Some look fake!! What great memories you all have made!! That's soo fun...:)

Erin Vorkink said...

take me next time!!

Christina said...

That house is sooooo cute! I loved my trip to Maui and the road to Hana! Such a great getaway!

Bob Jr. said...

I wish dad and I had been there.........actually I wish all you girls/husbands and us had been there........how fun would that have been???????? I'm so glad you and Lizzie got to get away and chill for that week.....you both needed it. Sorry reality is so hard to get back to, huh? Beautiful, beautiful pictures, honey........what a Place!!!!! I love you and can't wait to see you next weekend!!!! Yeah!!!!!

mindy said...

All I can say is that I'm so jealous. I need to go there right now.

Kearl said...

Man, that looks so awesome. I love Mark the celebrity and all of the cute pictures of you two holding hands. Isn't getting away so good for the relationship.

The Cash Family said...

gorgeous pictures. you guys definitely look like you got some r & r!

Emily said...

I am so jealous! We were just there last summer, but it seems like forever ago. And to go with no kids! Ahhh Heaven! I'm glad you had so much fun! You deserve it! Love you! xoxo

Laura said...

If thats the only reason you married Mark, it sure was worth it!! Yes, the grey swimsuit was my favorite, but it was hard to pick! you sure have an extensive swimsuit collection!!