Thursday, March 3, 2011

Dear Tooth Fairy...

Yesterday my dad pulled my tooth with pliers.
My mom didn't seem to happy about it, but at least she made him sterilize them with a match! I cried only a little bit, and now I can't stop feeling the space my tooth has left.
My parents kept telling me how you'd come during the night.
My mom even bought some silly pillow to put the tooth in.

But I woke up this morning and nothing, nada, zilch.
I'm not sure if I even really believe in you anymore.
My mom said it was probably because so many kids lost teeth yesterday, that you were busy!
My dad said it was the meanest tooth fairy trick in the whole world
(and then he jabbed mom in the side?)
I guess I'll give you one more shot tonight!
Here's to losing teeth...

Love- Porter

12 comments:

Heather said...

That tooth fairy had better leave my porter some serious moola tonight!
Your blog looks good!

Allison said...

So cute! I can't believe he is old enough to lose teeth! Love you Megs.

Allison said...

Oh- I was going to say, I'm sure Mark told you but my dad pulled all my teeth out with pliers and it seemed scary but it didn't hurt at all. Promise!

Laura said...

Best story ever! Thanks for the laugh!!!

Ann said...

Boy that tooth fairy sure has a bad memory. My kids can tell you that she was very busy when they were young and forgot to come to our house too! Darn her:)LOL

Leah W said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leah W said...

Man....your tooth fairy sounds a lot like ours...the kids aren't too upset though because we explained that it's a bit like interest...the longer the tooth sits under their pillow the bigger their haul! PS love the new look of your blog!!

Alex said...

That is the funniest thing I have read in a while. I especially liked Mark's commentary. Mean, mean, mean old tooth fairy.

Kristi said...

Oh, it makes me cringe to think of pulling a tooth with pliers! I always hated pulling my teeth. My grandpa once tied a string from my tooth to a doorknob. Not too excited for Linc to start losing his. At least if the toothfairy ever misses us I won't feel bad!

Elizabeth said...

That is the cutest thing in the world, i LOVE that boy!!!!!!!!!!!

dianeriding said...

Ohh Meggie (and Mark!!) how could you??????? Poor little guy looking for something from the tooth fairy!!! Meghan, you really should be a writer of children's stories or of anything. You have such a wonderful way with words! Now go and have a wonderful way at being the best tooth fairy ever!!! Love you!~

Seycil Ciceylia said...

wow... this is the best (funny) short story i've ever read...
you're gonna be an awesome writer dear.. :) best luck for you