Thursday, March 17, 2011

Happy BirthPatrick's Day

Mark turned 31
and we celebrated all things green today

Breakfast
green hootenany
green smoothie
Dinner
green enchiladas
green beans
green water

As you can see we kind of went overboard on the food coloring.
I think Claire's pee was even green!
Last night as we set the trap in anticipation of the leprechaun's arrival
Porter was so worried that
A. He would really get trapped and how would we really keep him...(I told him in all my years setting this trap i've not once caught him, and if we did we'd return him to his rainbow first thing in the morning!)
B. He would eat all of the other sugar cookies we had sitting on the kitchen counter(I couldn't promise anything...Leprechaun's REALLY like sugar cookies! ha)
C. The trap wouldn't work. "How is this magic marker going to hold up the lid??" (I didn't think he'd analyze it that much...so we reinforced with another magic marker.)
D. The leprechaun is so small how is he going to get up on the counter to get the cookie? (Okay too many questions...if you over analyze it he might not come at all!)
I think he got the point!
To our disappointment the little bugger was too fast!
But he did leave some fun shirts for the kids to wear today to avoid the pinch!

It's fun to have a birthday on the same day as a holiday,
because then you really do have to go ALL OUT!
Happy BirthPatrick's day Duff! xo

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Mark! haha, and I soo love Porter and everything that he analyzed about the leprachan. I miss you guys and can't wait to see you in a few weeks!!

diane riding said...

Totally LOVE it, Meggie! Creativity just oozes out of you, huh? Little Porter is one gifted lttle bugger, isn't he? I loved all the questions and curiousity coming from him. So.....did you catch that leprechaun or not? I want to see him....hopefully he doesn't look like the dad dressed up like one on Heather's blog!!! Hope Mark had a wonderfully happy 31st birthday!!! loveyou all sooo much!! x00x0x0x

diane riding said...

PS.......absolutely LOVE that picture of little Lils......what an adorable, beautiful little angel she is!!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Suzette Baird said...

Holy wonderful women, super mom, martha stewart, betty crocker you!

I thought about throwin some dye in Coco's breast milk....... the next day :) I didn't even realize it was a holiday, I am very lame.

I am really excited for you guys to go on your next cool adventure as a family but I am really really really sad you are moving. It makes me sad.

I am stoked for you to be out of the snow though and in that warm sun year round.

Love you!

Matt and Jennae Porter said...

So fun!!! But I have to ask, what on earth is hootenanny????