Monday, June 20, 2011

Sleep

Today was a sluggish day!
I woke up tired, I had lots of things to do (as many of you do),
I got around to about 1/4 of my list,
I was a slug,
I went to bed way too late last night...
that's my excuse!

I sent my kids to a neighbors house this afternoon
and was so glad they were out of the house while Lilly slept.
We ordered Pizza for dinner, because I was too lazy to cook.
(I did steam some green beans...an extra step, when you're having a lazy day!)
And for Family Home Evening we watched a church movie.
How much lazier can you get, really?
I let Mark brush the kids teeth,
while I laid on the couch holding Lilly.
I swore to myself that as soon as they were in bed, I too was going to bed!
But here I am writing this at 11:30 pm...
what is it about the time after your kids go to sleep, and getting a second wind?
Surely, I'm not the only one, right?
There really isn't much to this post, but the thought of sleep...
I WILL go to bed right after I post this.
Or maybe I'll go wake that baby up and hold her in my arms...
what is it about a sleeping baby???

4 comments:

Diane Riding said...

Aww......my sweet little Lilly Beth........I know exactly what you mean about a sleeping baby. You so want them to fall asleep, but when they do, you so want to wake them up and cuddle them.
It's OK to have lazy days, honey....I have a lot of them lately too. We all need days off!! Enjoy them!!! x00x0x

Heather said...

I REALLY want to hold that particular sleeping baby!
Love her!!!!

Lettie B. said...

I have at LEAST one day like this a week. Pizza is always on the weekly meal plan.
And sweet Lilly. It feels weird to me that I don't even know her since I rarely see you.

Elizabeth said...

are you kidding me? that is me the last two days! I can't stand that Lilly is crawling, i can't wait to see her and you guys next month! woohoo!!!! loveyou