Wednesday, October 24, 2007

FIRE...

So Many have wondered how my family is doing in San Diego. And if you've watched the news, you know it's not good. The whole state seems to be on fire. When my mom called us on Monday to tell us that they were going to be evacuated, Porter and I said a prayer asking to save her house from the fire. All day Porter would say "mommy let's go to California help Grandma Diane. Grandma Diane scared of the fire." He was so concerned and still lets me know (two days later) that "grandma Diane scared for the fires." I wish I had that part on tape, but I did ask him some questions that night before putting him to bed...
(and by the way, my sister is now allowed back to their home, and I guess I'll forgive my parents for staying in their home, even though there was a mandatory evacuation for them too! I'm so grateful that they were safe! I cannot believe that there were 1800 homes lost (and I'm sure the number will just rise!) So sad!)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meghan and Mark,
Porter is so cute. I love to hear him talk. What a sweetheart. I'm glad that your parents house is safe for now. Those fires are so devastating. It makes me cry.

mindy said...

What a cute video! I'm so glad that your family and their homes are all okay.

Rob Judd said...

that was sooooooooooooooooo cute, and of course Taylor sitting on my lap asking me to see it again! Anyway, give Porter a big smooch from Tay-tay.

Suzette Baird said...

I am so glad that everything is somewhat okay, That is so cute of Porter.

Lettie B. said...

Meghan - Porter is so cute and sweet. I am glad your sister could go back home and that she and your parents stayed safe. Nate's brother lives in SD too and said that neighborhoods are eerily quiet.

Anonymous said...

Very cute, and we will be praying for your family!

Elizabeth said...

what's up with Porter not saying that he loves me?

Mark and Meghan said...

lilly, next video...i promise!!

Katie said...

Oh my gosh, Porter is so sweet. That was such a great idea to videotape asking him those questions. That will be a treasure. You can tell he has awesome parents!

We are so sorry about all the devastation with the fires..glad your family is safe!

P.S. Hope you got the drop-off on your porch. Sorry it took so long!

the murdocks said...

Meghan! Hey this is Stacie Murdock...I hope you remember me because I was so excited to find your blog! I saw it on the side of Suzannes and I had to come check it out. Umm...your kid is so stinking cute...and you have two! Wow. I can't believe it's been that long. Anyway, just wanted to say hello and see how things are. where are you living? I hope your family is ok down in san diego. We are up in Orange COunty and it's raining ashes.

Diane Riding said...

Oh Meggie..........that is the sweetest, most dearest video I've ever seen! I'm crying just watching it! Bless his little heart! I wish he had been down here helping "Grannnnnma DIIIane" not to be so scared, too! That would have been one way to get me out of the house, huh? Anyways, thanks for making my day, AGAIN!!! I love you and appreciate all the love and concern you've given us over this past week. I feel a new sense of gratitude in my heart today!! x0x0

Steve and Amanda said...

Megs- This gave me an idea to tape Trent too. He told EVERYONE at playgroup the other day that his Grandma's house was going to be on fire, but we said a prayer so it isn't! Trent and Porter would seriously be the best of buds for sure if we lived ther =( Makes me so sad!