Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Santa Clause is coming to town...

A couple of fun things happened yesterday. First the kids and I went down to the mall to get pictures with Santa Clause. And I kid you NOT that this is the same Santa that we saw two years ago (so this was our third year), when Porter was eight months old! Crazy huh? He must really like his job. He's a good Santa though, I have to say. He's very patient and asked Porter what he wanted for Christmas. You ask what he wants? Anything from the cars movie. Well he pretty much has all the little cars, but he's asking now for the helicopter. (which of course Santa will bring, not only because Porter loves the movie, but I'm kind of a sucker for all cars things too!) Anyway the pictures turned out cuter than I expected, and of course I felt bad taking my own pictures and not buying one of theirs so I got suckered into paying $21 dollars for two 5x7's. Oh well, it's a great memory to have. Then we went Ice Skating for our ward party. They actually had Porter's size, and I was dumb enough to take him on the ice with me. I don't really know what I was thinking, of course he's not going to know what to do. And of course it took me twenty minutes and a broken back later to make one loop! And that was literally when we went out to take his skates off. I took him back on the ice with another little buddy and they just ran with their shoes (porter in slippers (Mark dressed him, figures!) on the ice. Man did they have fun. I have to admit, I did too! The only way to take a two year old ice skating!



I wish that I had the other years pictures available to see..this Santa hasn't aged a day!


Look how tiny those ice skates are!



Porter had to resort to crawling at times because it was just too slippery.


Porter and Noah making ice angels...or attempting to at least.



Poor Claire was NOT ready for this picture at all!


11 comments:

The Harbertson Family said...

Meg, I'm nominating you for the "Mom of the Year" award. What a cute little mommy you are! I don't know if I would tote around a tiny little ice-skater like that. Oh and I love that picture where Claire wasn't quite ready! Sad that our kids can't be like, "Mom, I don't really love that picture of me. Would you please not put it on the blog for everyone to see."

Kathy said...

What cute pictures. I love Porter's slippers, too funny!

Annie said...

Those pictures are seriously the cutest. I hope your back has recovered from skating. I've missed you guys we need to get together.

Suzette Baird said...

Hey, I need everyone’s address to send out our Christmas cards?
Thanks a bunch!
Suzette

Elizabeth said...

those are so cute and yes Santa is adorable. So was Porter ever able to actually start skating? We just went to the spectrum where they have an outdoor iceskating rink and Taylor kept asking me to go. I should take her. It looks like you had a lot of fun! LOveyou and can't wait to see you soon!

Unknown said...

great pictures! porter is such a cute little friend. I'm still laughing about Mark saying he's "too uncoordinated" to ice skate. somehow, I find that hard to believe. but...at least it give porter an honest excuse to be skating in his slippers!

Steve and Amanda said...

Megs...the last couple of weeks Trent has been saying, "Mom, I want to go ice skating!" I have never taken him so I really don't know why he wants to go. I will have to research if they even have one close by! Looks like I should bring shoes though for him instead of skates!! I love Claire and all her cute outfits...so fun huh?

the murdocks said...

Oh my gosh I love those pics of the boys...how cute!! When can you get your kids ice skating? I was wondering that, cause I want to get Cooper out there for fun. Probably still too early. Anyway, sounded like a fun vacation in San Diego...do you miss it a lot? Or are you happy in Utah?

callie said...

i LOVE the cars slippers...i always get a little apprehensive when steve volunteers to dress the girls... they always come out wearing clothes combinations i never knew could exist! ice skating with a two year old=impressive! you are inspiring me to be a more adventuresome mom!

kms said...

You look so beautiful Meghan. How fun. I loved the pictures of San Diego...looks like a great time!

Brooklyn and Dave said...

what a fun day!