Monday, March 24, 2008

Weekend EGG-stravaganza

This last weekend was filled with many activities all leading up to the big easter egg hunt Sunday morning.
Thursday we dyed Easter eggs...
Porter could actually dip the eggs himself!
Then he painted them, which was his favorite part.
Some of the finished eggs.
We went to Wheeler Farm for their Easter egg hunt (which was really a candy on lawn fest) Saturday morning. It was pretty bright and Porter felt he needed to wear my glasses...and I felt I needed a picture.
We actually saw some friends, which made it that much more fun.
This was Porter when they said "GO." Just kind of looked at the candy, while all the other kids were stuffing their baskets. I think I grabbed him more candy than he did.
All of us on a freezing morning at Wheeler Farm.

After Wheeler Farm we went to Barnes and Noble for their egg hunt. Porter loved actually looking in the store for eggs. I don't know about their Easter bunny though!
So that night we went to the mall and got the kids pictures taken with their Easter Bunny. Surprisingly Claire loved him. She couldn't stop smiling. It was pretty cute.

Of course Porter loved him.
Easter morning, after bath and ready for church.


This was the note that the Easter Bunny left for Porter. I got Porter out of bed because we forgot to leave carrots for the Bunny, and he was so excited. He got five baby carrots out, placed them in the bowl, and then said "but mom, we need dip too!"
Porter's Easter Surprise! (Next year Claire!!!)
Claire and Porter Sunday morning.
Mommy and Porter.
I really am so grateful for the TRUE meaning of Easter. For the Savior who gave his life so that we can return to live with him one day. Happy Easter!!








14 comments:

Rob Judd said...

those pictures are so cute, how adorable is claire's outfit when she was sitting on the hatin easter bunny! I can't beleive she liked him, grace and olivia were totally freaked out when they saw the easter bunny! I love the pictures and thanks for the info on that screaming thing! hahaha

Suzette Baird said...

Hey so cute! I can't believe how long Claire’s hair is getting, she is beautiful! Looks like you guys all had a fun Easter!

Brooke Wilkins said...

hey meghan, I love your shirt. It is sooooo cute. I love that you did so many fun things for Easter you are a super mom!!

Nate and Nicole said...

My favorite pictures... Porter with your glasses on, and Claire looking up at the camera with her Easter dress on. Such cuties!!

Lettie B. said...

Wow, you guys had a busy Easter! I love how you and Jenny find each other at these things! That's a cute family picture.

Katie Hendrickson said...

You are the best Mom! Tyler's Mom had us come over to dye eggs because I'm lame and didn't even think of it! You look so gorgeous in every picture. And of course you know how much I love your kids! I'll send you my pics soon...
Let's meet at the zoo at 12:30
xoxox I'll call you in the a.m.

Unknown said...

you are one busy mama! um...how about you just make a little calendar of all the fun things that you go and do and pass it out or something, so that the rest of us can pretend to be as creative and fun as you are! you've got some lucky kids!

Diane Riding said...

What a fun, happy Easter you made for your beautiful little family, Meggie! That's my girl, to get those pictures with the bunny! Glad you're carrying that tradition on! I totally had to enlarge each and every picture to see my two sweet babies and their mommy and daddy! Soooo adorable. I LLLLOOOOVVVVEEEE getting these pictures on these blogs........and I LLLLOOOOVVVEEE all of you Maughans!!! x0x0x0x0

Laura said...

you are a great mom. who would have thought to have a note from the easter bunny! so cute. i loved the easter pics. what a beautiful family!

Heather said...

Meggy - I love their little easter outfits and that bunny was hatin! Isn't it so funny how we have to have pictures with Santa and the bunny each year? thanks Mom!

Alex said...

The Maughan household sure knows how to celebrate Easter! Porter's basket this year put last year's basket we gave him to shame! I can't believe it's already been a year. What a fun memory for us. Good pictures!

Mark and Meghan said...

alex, porter still talks about you guys and the easter bunny! i can't believe it's been a year either..crazy. it was so nice of you guys to watch him...he loved it!!

Julianne said...

Wow! You guys know how to Celebrate! How fun! I must say, I kind of blew Easter this year. Next year, I'll know who to go to for festive advice!

Anonymous said...

So cute... I love the Jackie-O pose that Porter strikes in you r glasses! It looks like you had a ton of fun!